Monday, June 15, 2009

Sweet Pork Tacos with Cilantro Lime Slaw



If you like summer cooking, I HIGHLY suggest this yummy treat! I found this recipe on a blog and I'm so sorry that I can't give credit where it's due. I can't find it now. I made this for my family last night and they all LOVED it so much! Especially the delish slaw! This was mine and Pey's fav! Sooo good! This recipe calls for a large amount. I just halved it and it was perfect! I hope you enjoy!

Cilantro Lime Slaw
1 package Cole Slaw or whole shredded cabbage
1 c. Mayonnaise
1 c. Cilantro, chopped
1 tsp. minced Garlic
1/4 tsp. Cayenne Pepper or a dash of your favorite hot sauce
1/2 tsp. salt
2 tbsp. Lime Juice
1/2 tsp. Cumin

Combine all but slaw in a mini food processor or chop and combine yourself. Mix desired amount of dressing with slaw mix no more than 30 minutes before serving.
(I bought pre-packaged shredded slaw and red cabbage. I combined half and half of the desired amount for us....it worked perfectly!)


Roasted Sweet Pork
6 (approx) pounds Pork butt/shoulder
1 19 oz. can Red Enchilada Sauce
1 can Dr. Pepper (20 oz)
2 tsp. Chili Powder
1 tsp. Cumin
1 tsp. salt
1 Clove Garlic or 1 tsp. Garlic Powder
1 1/2 c. Brown Sugar
1/2 onion, chopped
1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped

Combine all ingredients into your crockpot and cook on low overnight or until meat is tender.

Place the meat on a tortilla of choice, we used flour. Top it with some of the slaw. Fold in half and devour! Your tastebuds WILL thank you...trust me!


You're welcome :)

5 comments:

Beki - TheRustedChain said...

I'm not a cilantro fan (don't hate me!) but the rest of it sounds delicious!

Tracy said...

It's not my fav either. I left it out of the slaw ;)

kaydensgracedesigns said...

OHHH! I LOVE it! I can't wait to try~ HUGS

Tracy said...

Ohhh Tab...it's sooooo good!!!!

Christian said...

I am visiting from the Brassy Apple, and my mouth is watering reading this post...I am putting this on my menu!