Friday, May 15, 2009

School's Out and Clowns!!!

Brayden's class had a circus unit at school today. We had a full fledged circus in the cafeteria! His class is so lucky to have a great group of moms who are so willing to help!!

I was in charge of the craft table. I wanted a fun craft that was circus themed. Bray and I decided that clown masks would be fun! Of course there was a ton of pre-work for me but it was so worth it! Here is Bray's dry run! They were a huge success today! I will share pics of the 'circus' as soon as I get some editing time!

School's almost out! WOOHOO! I don't know about your kids but mine have been counting down the days for weeks now! I got inspiration from one of my sweet Twitter friends for a fun idea. Every day Bray gets to tear off a chain. Once he reaches the big "School's Out" star....time for summer break :)

6 comments:

Susan said...

I am SO stealing your "schools out" idea... Maki just came over to the computer & I told her about it... she said "oh, I wish we could do that". We have until the end of June before she's out!
xoxo

Tracy said...

Susan, isn't that the greatest?! I loved the idea! Brayden can't wait to tear his new chain off everyday! We are making one this weekend for him to take to his class on Monday :)

I hope Maki enjoys hers as much! I can't believe she has to go that long!!!!
HUGS sweetpea!

kaydensgracedesigns said...

So cute Trace! I LOVE it! We have Aloha Day here! It is cute! I will have to do the countdown chain too! Yes, they are driving me crazy about the last day, Haliee is just dying to be able to officially say she's a "Middleschooler" Wah!! Mine are out June 5. :0) HUGS Tab

Megan/Brassy Apple said...

you are so awesome! Glad you made a chain! :)

and the clown masks turned out so CA-UTE! lol

Native American Momma said...

Wow you are a crafty mom. That is a great idea for them to celebrate.

nufdoog*kids said...

I'm "stealing" it too! I made one today & had Garrett put the chains on :)
We have school until June 19.

May have to make one in the future for Birthdays, Halloween, Christmas.... TOOO FUN!!!

Cheers! Lisa