Wednesday, January 7, 2009

The making of an outfit....

I thought it would be fun to show you a little at what goes on behind the scenes when I design one of my sets. Of course there is so much more work involved but these are just a few of my basic steps :)

First, picking out my main fabrics! Always my favorite part!!! haa haa! I decided that these would give a cool, hip, punk, rocker style for what I had in mind.

Now, which applique fabrics to use?? Decisions...decisions!

After all of the appliques are cut out and put in place..time to stitch them out. The letters are always my least favorite to cut out and to sew in place. It is so time consuming! But it sure makes a cute touch to any outfit.

Fraying is a fun addition to outfits but also takes time. By the time I get done with all of mine...I feel like I have carpal tunnel syndrome, lol!

Piecing denims together and the whole distressing process is FUN! I love the creativity of this part! No two sets are ever alike!

Here is the final design after I've antique dyed it! I love how it turned out! Probably my favorite set ever!! :) Of course I added a lot more bells and whistles!

7 comments:

Amy Priddy said...

I loved the step by step. The end result....FANTASTIC! Does Brayden love it?

I am also loving that every time I come to your blog, I get a new template! They are so fun!

Amy

DoodlesBowtique said...

LOVEEEEE it Tracy!! it is neat to see how you pick your fabrics and everything. ;o) WOW you sure do have a ton of it. I bet Brayden loves sporting all your designs! That lucky guy...

Tracy said...

Thank you girls!!!! :)

Yes, Brayden does love this outfit! I probably won't be getting rid of it...haa haa!!!!

Angie...that is only my little fat quarter section of fabric! You'd have a heart attack if you saw the rest of it...lol..! It's SCARY!

And thanks on the templates :) I love making them when I have time!!!

HUGS ladies!

Laurie said...

Tracy, you know how much I love that outfit!!!!! Cool, I like your "Making of an outfit'!!

Susan said...

You are amazing Tracy!!
Loved seeing the process you go through... such fun isn't it?
Your little man is such a little heartbreaker:)

xoxo
Susan

Bellabebeco said...

WOW Tracy!! How organize are your fabrics!! and love the step by step process!!
As allways your set turned out Stunning!!!
Cynthia

Debbie said...

I'm coming shopping at your house for fabrics!